Storage of celery is 7-14 days at a temperature between 32°F and 35°F.
- Celery is transplanted (from a greenhouse or nursery) as a part of production.
- Celery prefers cooler temperatures and grows best from 60°- 65°F, but will tolerate temperatures from 45°-75°F.
- It is a shallow-rooted crop that requires frequent irrigation, often using overhead sprinklers, drip, flood, or a combination of these methods.
- The crop is typically hand-harvested, although some farms may choose to use mowing machines - fields are only cut once.
- Can be cooled by forced air or hydrocooling.